This nourishing and warming bowl porridge is a wonderful way to start your morning, especially during the cooler months of winter. It's also a great way to increase your ojas. What is ojas you ask? Well, Aurveda teaches us that ojas is your vital essence, and it plays a direct role in your immunity, energy, libido and vitality. So if you feel like you're lacking in any of these areas it may mean your ojas has been depleted. A person who has good ojas will have loads of energy, be glowing and vibrant and will rarely fall ill.
- 1/2 a cup of oats
- 1 & 1/2 cups of water
- 1 tbsp of chia seeds
- 3 dates, pitted and chopped
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp cardamom
- 1/8 tsp turmeric
- pinch of ginger
- 1 tsp of almonds, roasted and chopped
- Honey to taste
- 1/2 an apple, peeled and sliced
- 2 cups of water
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 10-15 raisins
- Place apple, water, cinnamon and raisins in a saucepan. Cooked on medium heat until the apple has broken down and stewed. Stirring and adding more water as necessary.
- Place oats, water, chia seeds, and dates in another saucepan. Cook on low to medium heat for around 20min.
- Once the oats have cooked, remove from heat and stir in ghee, cinnamon, turmeric, cardamom, and ginger. Mix well.
- Top the oat mixture with the stewed apples, almonds, and drizzle with honey.
Peace & love